Your First Visit to Our Santa Clarita Chiropractor
What You Can Expect When You Come to Unruh Spine Center
Once you have decided not to simply live with your chronic pain any longer, but to do something about it, it is time for your first visit with us. Our Santa Clarita chiropractors have found that knowing exactly what to expect can take a great deal of pressure off of our patients and allow them to enjoy their first step on the path toward wellness.
- New patients of Unruh Spine Center can expect their first visit to look like this:
- Fill out patient forms: After you have been warmly greeted by our reception staff, we will ensure that you have filled out all of the necessary new patient registration forms. This paperwork gives us a good place to start as we come up with a treatment plan for your unique case.
- Consultation: You will then meet with your doctor to discuss your problems and concerns to begin formulating treatment options. This first visit is designed to allow you and your doctor to get to know each other, and to determine whether or not chiropractic care will help you to achieve your goals.
- Examination: Following the consultation, your doctor will examine your reflexes, range of motion, and many other standard neurologic, orthopedic, postural, and physical considerations in a thorough chiropractic examination.
- X-ray studies: Depending on the type, location, or severity of your precise condition, we may need to take x-rays to get a full picture of what challenges need to be overcome. Many of our patients find it remarkable when they can see for themselves the causes of their pain.
- Report of findings: Following your examinations, your doctor will go over recommendations for treatment as well as cost.
- Treatment: Your first treatment will generally take place at the conclusion of your first appointment; this can include physical therapy, soft tissue therapy, or spinal adjustments as necessary.
- Wellness program: Before concluding your first day of chiropractic care, you will be given a wellness program to maintain between visits. This may include ice or heat applications, specific exercises or stretches, or even certain positions or activities to avoid. We work hard to help all of our patients develop good overall habits in their lives to ensure that every part of your life is better for having worked with us.
If you have any further questions about what to expect for your first visit, call us today at (661) 310-2445 and we would be happy to answer them.