What Is HPLT?
Class IV High Power is a new form of ENERGY MEDICINE. Orthopedic and Neurosurgeons in California and Florida are using this technology instead of epidural injects and cortico-steriod injects. Why? Because it’s non-invasive (no needles, or drugs) and does not have side effects or risks. Injections run from $600 to $1,200 or more and the research is very mixed on effectiveness.
Up until now, most laser therapy systems for neuron-musculoskeletal conditions only penetrated into the superficial tissues. This new high-powered laser focuses energy deep inside the discs, ligaments, joint capsules, and mechano-receptors which are nerve endings in muscles, ligaments, and discs that make old injuries hypersensitive. We are the only HPLT center in the Santa Clarita Valley, and the results we have had so far with our patients have been amazing.
Like a pitcher of water pouring on a sponge until it saturates it, this laser therapy will saturate the tissue with energy and reach any pathology on any size patient.
Benefits of HPLT
The new HPLT is safe, natural and effective. Here are some of the benefits:
- It provides accelerated tissue repair and cell growth after injuries and after back or joint surgeries.
- Faster wound healing.
- Analgesic effect – stimulates endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
- Increase vascular activity – it dilates capillaries and blood supply to nerves.
- Increase metabolic activity.
- Improved nerve function – for Type 3 pain – often scar tissue affects the inner and outer covering of nerves making them very hypersensitive. This laser can penetrate the scar tissue and improve circulation to nerves.
- Trigger point resolution and acupuncture point stimulation.
Some of the conditions we are effectively treating with the laser are: failed back surgery, knee surgery, arthritic knees, chronic shoulder pain or bursitis, neck pain and chronic headaches, upper back pain, TMJ (jaw) pain and foot pain such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis and foot surgeries that have resulted in chronic pain. Additionally, fibromyalgia, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, congenital and chronic hip pain, Raynaud’s disease (poor circulation in the hands and feet that can lead to gangrene), and neuropathy are all responding well to the laser.
You can also go to our website and watch the educational video on HPLT at www.unruhspinecenter.com. For a FREE consultation, please contact our office at Unruh Spine Center, (661) 338-5167. Mention this article and receive your first Laser treatment for only $10 (some restrictions do apply).