Dedicated Founder of Unruh Spine Center
Dr. Chace Unruh of Unruh Spine Centers has been working to help patients find relief from chronic pain since 2002. Our Santa Clarita chiropractor has committed himself fully to the well-being of his patients, helping them ease discomfort and promote health through every means available.
Dr. Unruh finds that it is far more effective to treat an individual by taking into account the whole, rather than only a single part or symptom. Chronic back pain, for example, cannot be solved by addressing only the back without considering foot problems, sleeping patterns, tension and anxiety. This is why in addition to state-of-the-art physiotherapy, he also utilizes the best natural mineral supplements available.
Dr. Unruh has the skill to treat a wide range of conditions. These include:
- Neck/Back Pain
- Disc Problems
- Pinched Nerve
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Dysfunction
- Maintenance Care
Our Santa Clarita chiropractor may use any of the following treatments to help manage your condition:
- Interferential Electro-Therapy
- High-Frequency Ultrasound
- Spinal Decompression
- Flexion Distraction
- Electro-Magnetic Field Therapy (EMT)
- Digital Motion X-Ray
- Deep Muscle Stimulator
Dr. Unruh's Education
- Cleveland College of Chiropractic: Los Angeles, CA.
- Accredited by Council on Chiropractic Education.
- Graduated Doctor of Chiropractic, with a major in Human Biology/Anatomy August 2002.
Courses Studied for Doctorate
Dr. Unruh studied the following topics in pursuit of his doctorate:
- Anatomy / Neurology: 660 Class Hours
- Philosophy: 398 Class Hours
- Pathology: 330 Class Hours
- Technique: 675 Class Hours
- Physiology: 345 Class Hours
- Research: 30 Class Hours
- X-Rays: 480 Class Hours
- Diagnosis: 495 Class Hours
- Clinic Hours: 758 Class Hours
- Clinic Sciences: 285 Class Hours
- OB/GYN: 45 Class Hours
- Clinical Psychology: 60 Class Hours
- Geriatrics and Pediatrics: 45 Class Hours
- Chiropractic Economics / Insurance Management / Risk Management: 120 Class Hours
Post-Graduate Education & Certifications
- Non-Discogenic series of the Cox Flexion Distraction Technique Seminar in the treatment of low back pain.
- Masters Certification Course in Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego. Arthur Croft, D.C., M.S., M.P.H., F.A.C.O., F.A.C.F.E., F.A.A.I.M.: 15 hours
- Module 1 Whiplash: Advanced Topics. Las Vegas, NV January 13-14, 2001: 14 hours
- Module 2 Advanced Diagnostics and Treatment, and Auto Crash Reconstruction (ACR) Las Vegas, NV April 28-29, 2001: 14 hours
- Module 3 Narrative Report Writing and Practice Development, Las Vegas, NV July 21-22, 2001: 14 hours
- Module 4 Medicolegal Issues. Chicago, IL October 6-7, 2001: 14 hours
- Advanced certification in the diagnosis and clinical management of cervical acceleration/deceleration trauma and whiplash-related temporomandibular joint disorders from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego. San Diego, CA, November 10-11, 2002.
- Certification from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego for Low Speed Rear Impact Auto Crash Reconstruction. CRASH 2001 was a comprehensive, three-day workshop on state-of-the-art methods of low speed rear impact crash (LOSRIC) reconstruction, co-sponsored by Texas A&M University and the Center for Research into Automotive Safety and Health (CRASH), covering principles of mathematics, physics, biomechanics, and occupant kinematics, along with participation in human volunteer, full-scale crash tests and their analyses 14 total crashes. San Diego, CA August 24-26, 2003.: 24 hours
- Diagnostic Diplomate Program in Chiropractic Neurology: Neuron Theory, December 6/7, 2001, San Fransisco, California, 12 hours
- 2003 Spring Conference, April 10/12 2003 , Sioux Falls, South Dakota Conference presentations attended were Whiplash & Spinal Trauma presented by Dr. Dan Murphy, 12 CE hours, Management of Complex and Post-Surgical Cases presented by Dr. John Traino, 8 CE hours, and New DC’s Seminar – Documentation and Treatment Guidelines presented by Dr. John Car, 2 CE hours.
- Industrial Disability Evaluator, Palmer College of Chiropractic West, Dr. Platto: 44 hours
- Completed a course in Radiation Safety and Protection in the Proper Use of Ionizing Radiation during Fluoroscopic Procedures in the state of California, Ronald F. Cray C.R.T., A.R.R.T.: 8 hours