COVID-19 Anti-Body Tests
Accurate COVID-19 Testing in SCV
Unruh Spine Centers is now offering two options for accurate COVID-19 testing in Santa Clarita:
- COVID Lab Test IgG and IgM Elecsys Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Immunoassay
- Healgen GCCOV-402a COVID19 Lateral Flow Serum IgM/IgG Test
Elecsys® Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Lab Test
The test is designed to detect antibodies in a blood sample that would indicate that you may have a current (contracted within 3-5 days) or prior COVID-19 infection. The test would be taken via blood draw in the office and mailed to the lab. Results come back in 10-12 business days.
Healgen COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid Test
This test kit is a quick test that will develop results in the same day. This rapid test will detect antibodies as well as current (contracted within 3-5 days) COVID infections. You will receive these results by the end of the day.
Follow These Simple Steps:
- Contact our office to schedule an appointment or text our HIPPA compliant phone line (661) 288-0022.
- Include COVID as the subject line with your name and we will get back to you.
- Tests will be given and administered under supervision in our designated areas.
- If you knowingly have been exposed to a positive COVID-19 case or are expressing symptoms your test will be administered in your car in our parking lot to limit potential exposure to others.
- We perform these tests at our Santa Clarita location off Lyons Ave.
Cost of Testing
- Lab Test: This test may be covered by your insurance. Contact us with your insurance information and we can discuss your benefits.
- Rapid Test: The rapid test will not be covered by insurance and is $150 out of pocket.
We have received a lot of questions about the validity of our testing. You should know that no antibodies tests are currently approved by the FDA yet, however, our lab is 1 of 10 labs that has been granted access to provide the anti-body testing. The lab is fully certified with the FDA and the test itself is registered.
We use Marquis Lab who is partnered with Roche.
Our test uses a blood specimen, not saliva. The IgG antibodies identify those exposed to the virus in the past. If you have immunized anitbodies this test could help you return to work.
1st time patient, returning after for 4 treatments plus- Anthony M
Dr Unruh was very professional and reassuring.- Jason D.
Dr. Unruh is a really great guy and a really good doctor.- Sue N.
I plan on making this my permanent chiropractor- Lynette W.
I've never experienced a doctor that cared so much about his patients- Miriam A.