Therapeutic and joint injections offer pain relief and can help speed recovery for individuals that suffer from inflammation, injury, or chronic conditions. They are often used in conjunction with physical therapy and chiropractic services.
At Unruh Spine Centers, we help our patients achieve a pain-free life with comprehensive treatment plans, including physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, and medical injections. Medical injections have proven effective in treating a number of ailments, including joint pain and other health problems.
If you suffer from constant pain or discomfort, contact our office at (661) 288-0022 to schedule an evaluation. We offer same-day appointments!
Medical Injections Provided at Unruh Spine Centers
To assist our patients in achieving a life from pain and inflammation, we are proud to offer therapeutic and joint injections. These medical injections have proven effective in treating joint pain and other conditions.
Therapeutic and joint injections we offer:
- Supartz: Supartz is a medication that is administered through injection. The injection is administered to the swollen or painful joint. In many cases, it is used to treat knee pain caused by joint inflammation or osteoarthritis. The drug (hyaluronate) is a synthetic version of a naturally occurring substance that helps to lubricate the joint in the knee.
- Toradol: Toradol (generic name: Ketorolac) is an injection given to help reduce or eliminate pain. It is an anti-inflammatory medication that works by reducing the body’s production of a substance that causes inflammation. The nonsteroidal drug is administered via injection into the muscle or vein.
- Dextrose: Dextrose injections are used to help relieve pain. The irritant is injected into the targeted area to help stimulate the body’s natural response to an injury or health problem. The irritant triggers the body to react. The body’s natural healing powers take over, helping to speed a person’s recovery and reduce pain associated with the targeted area.
- Matrix: Matrix is a type of muscle stimulation that helps to treat circulatory problems and reduce swelling. It is completed through the use of vibration and massage. Biomechanical muscle stimulation can help to reduce inflammation and muscle tension.
- PRP: Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) are injections often used to treat sports injuries. A sample of a person’s blood is taken and run through a machine that separates out the platelets from the blood. The platelets are concentrated within the plasma. The blood is then injected into the target area. The injections can be used to reduce pain, decrease recovery time, and stimulate hair growth.
If you are suffering from pain or inflammation, you need to set an appointment today. We can help you live a life free from discomfort. Our team of doctors will help to come up with a solution. We know the challenges of living with chronic pain. Let us help you fully recover.
Why Medical Injections?
Medical injections are a proven technique for dealing with joint pain and other health conditions. They are less invasive than surgery and have favorable outcomes. Therapeutic injections can help reduce swelling and block the body’s production of chemicals that cause inflammation.
The injections can also be used to treat a variety of health conditions. Everything from osteoarthritis and sciatica to spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease. The injections provide an easy, fast, and effective way to treat these problems. They also help a patient to avoid surgery or reliance on prescription painkillers.
How Do Therapeutic and Joint Injections Work?
Therapeutic and joint injections work in several different ways depending on the type of drug that is used. For instance, Supartz works by mimicking a naturally occurring substance in the body. The substance is a natural lubricant and shock absorber in the knee joint.
Other joint injections block nerve signals that are sent between the body and the brain. Blocking the nerve signals helps to reduce or eliminate pain in the body. The body can then take the time it needs to heal. PRP, on the other hand, uses a patient’s own blood to help treat injuries. The blood is spun through a machine before being reintroduced into the person’s system via an injection.
Using Medical Injections in Conjunction with Other Services
Medical injections are often used in conjunction with other treatments. Injections can help provide targeted relief to a specific joint or muscle. They work well with things like physical therapy and chiropractic care.
Individuals interested in adding medical injections to their treatment plan can call the office at (661) 288-0022 to schedule an appointment. Same-day appointments are available in many cases.
Interested in Therapeutic Injections? Contact Our Office.
If you are interested in therapeutic or joint injections, contact our office at (661) 288-0022 to schedule an appointment. We can help develop a comprehensive treatment plan to get you living a life free from pain. Our team will help you decide the best course of action, including physical therapy, chiropractic care, massage therapy, and more.